Sunday 19 April 2009

DJ Semtex - Volume 6 (1996)


















DJ Semtex is currently one of the biggest Hip Hop DJs in the UK, but he started out making his name with mixtapes like this one. I bought this from Handspun in the summer of '96 and its one of my favourite tapes from that era. Seeing as DJ MK just posted Semtex's Volume 5 tape I thought I’d push this one to the top of the pile and get it MP3’d for you.
Lots of good stuff on here including Large Pro, Akinyele, Sadat X, East Flatbush Project and Real Live.



He currently holds down a regular show on BBC 1Xtra, check his
blog for more info.


3 comments:

  1. nice mixtape mate thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you put this back up? I've been trying to find it for 20 years as I used to have it on tape but need bobby digital!

    ReplyDelete