Saturday 23 October 2010

DJ MK 'Volume 12 - Worth The Wait' (1997)


















Quality mixtape right here from London's DJ MK. This was probably the first place I heard the 'next generation' of UK artists like Fallacy, Skinnyman and Roots Manuva, who would go on to be huge a few years later. Some good US stuff on here aswell from DITC, All City and Tribe.

DOWNLOAD












Here's a bit of info on the tape from the man himself...
POINTLESS BUT TRUE FACTS ABOUT THIS MIXTAPE !

1 - The comedian Russell Peters used to hook me up with promos and gave me my copy of "Northern Touch"
2 - All the freestyles were recorded in one night at my flat using Braintax's studio. I made Roots Manuva a pizza as he was hungry and had no money at the time. Skinny man smoked the flat down.
3 - The cover was drawn by the world renowned Parisian graffiti artist KAY ONE.
4 - Tony vegas gave me his copy of the only test pressing at the time of "Itchy Town" I gave it it's 1st play on a mix i did on Choice Fm for 279 and also put it on this mixtape. Tony also gave me his spare DMC mixer, which i used to record this mixtape on - MK


Catch MK alongside Harry Love plus guests streaming live from The Funhouse every Monday to Thursday night from 9pm UK time

5 comments:

  1. Ey YO Proper props
    Do you have part 2 of this tape mk vol 13 feat. shortee blitz ?

    Regards
    Spjikmaster

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive posted all the MK tapes I have for now. If you hit up his facebook page you might be able to get more info

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/THE-OFFICIAL-DJ-MK-PAGE/137775812911939

    ReplyDelete
  3. I designed the cover, Kayone did the character.

    the CiSCOkid

    ReplyDelete
  4. reupload please

    ReplyDelete
  5. not re-upping these for the foreseeable future as MK is currenty selling all his mixtapes on 1 USB
    https://twitter.com/djmk/status/679778024754122754

    ReplyDelete