Tuesday 1 March 2016

DJ Step One - Old Skool Jungle Roll-Out (2016)

The March edition of my First Of The Month mix series and I've gone to the bottom shelf, for that is where the old skool jungle lives. One hour of 1993-95 selection on this, and it's mostly on that rolling, more musical tip rather than the tear-out/ragga style . Bass heavy, amens chopped up, and just right....



Tracklist
Cloud 9 - Mr Logic (Moving Shadow)
Origin Unknown - Valley Of The Shadows (Ram)
88.3 ft Lisa May - Wishing On A Star - VIP dub (Labello Blanco)
Wax Doctor - Kid Caprice (Metalheadz)
Danny Breaks - Droppin Science Vol 1 - side b (Droppin Science)
DJ Krust - Set Speed (V Recordings)
Tom & Jerry - Maxi(mun) Style - Nasty Jungle remix (Tom & Jerry)
Omni Trio - Together VIP (Moving Shadow)
Roni Size & DJ Die - Music Box (Full Cycle)
Rude Bwoy Monty - Summer Sumting (Frontline)
DJ Crystl - Perpetual Motion (Payday)
P Funk -  P Funk Era (Frontline)
Omni Trio - Thru The Vibe - 2 on 1 mix (Moving Shadow)
Apollo Two - Atlantis (I Need You) - LTJ Bukem remix (Good Looking)
Lennie De Ice - We R E  - Hyper Crew mix (Armshouse Crew)
Omni Trio - Renegade Snares - Foul Play remix (Moving Shadow)

Not my finest mix as far as technical skills go but in my defence I'm a bit ill (off work sick today)  and I haven't played some of these tunes in years (or ever in couple of cases as they're recent purchases). Some heavy tunes on here still. One of the reasons I thought I'd drop a mix every month this year is to try an put you on to some music you might not know about otherwise. Hopefully this does the trick. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment