Friday 8 June 2018

Capital Rap Show 09.07.93



One more out of Diablo's box before I head off for a week in the sun (hopefully). Could just be nostalgia as I don't remember noticing it at the time but Capital Rap Shows from 93 and 94 seem to have a different vibe to the Radio 1 shows of 94 and 95. The tracklists seems a bit edgier, although that could be a reflection of the music as a whole. In this instance the likes of Poor Righteous Teachers and Akinyele sit comfortably next to the Dogg Pound and Big Mike's dope solo cut off the Geto Boys album, with a Chris Goldfinger reggae mix closing the last 15 minutes of the tape...


tracklist
Cypress Hill - I Ain't Goin Out Like That
Akinyele - The Bomb
Poor Righteous Teachers - Nobody Move
Geto Boys - No Nuts No Glory
Dogg Pound - Niggaz Don't Give A Fuck
Masta Ace Inc - Saturday Night Live
Cypress Hill - Hits From The Bong
Cypress Hill - Cock The Hammer
Poor Righteous Teachers - Black Business
Sham & The Professor - Who's At The Door?
Nice & Smooth - Cash In My Hands
Akinyele - Outta State
Funkdoobiest - Freak Mode
The Principle ft Silent Eclipse - Your Rap Machine Is Broken
Ice Cube - 24 With An L
KRS One - Higher Level
Da Hoodzmen - Rhyme Ripper             
>>Chris Goldfinger mix:
Shabba Ranks - Shine And Criss
Buju Banton - ??
Sanchez - If I Ever Fall In Love
Mega Banton - Soundboy Killing
Buju Banton - Good Looking Gal
?? - ??
Merciless - ??
Heavy D & Buju Banton - Hotness

That Premier beat on 'Higher Level' is a bit good innit? Wouldn't have sounded out of place on the Group Home album. Lovely stuff.

UPDATE: Turns out I posted the following week's show - with a not entirely dissimilar track list - 6 years ago. So I just added that to the Mixcloud page and Hip Hop Radio Archive. Go here.

2 comments:

  1. In my head, I'll always hear Westwood chatting over that 'Higher Level' beat whenever I hear it. I'm sure he used that for most of the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete