Thursday 30 April 2020

DJ Skully - Gully Breaks (2006)



Another OB4ZL exclusive courtesy of the venerable DJ Skully...

"I made this in 2006 and was supposed to be released in 2007 but life kinda got in the way that year. It started out as a breaks/hip hop mix for the car when I was on the road djing, but my mates loved it and convinced me to get some pressed. Its kinda influenced by what Doom, Madlib, Dilla, 9th Wonder, Kanye, Alchemist, Pete, Premier etc were producing around that time, as well as the classics.
I sent out about 50 CD’s for promo, and the rest ended up in my loft without release. There is no track list as it has 120+ tracks, but probably better off for this type of mix. Anyway, hope you like it.. took me fookin’ ages to make (and before Serato haha)"

1 comment:

  1. Mixtape_Connoisseur12 May 2020 at 12:02

    Wicked Mix, any chance of a download please.

    ReplyDelete