Tuesday 8 January 2013

DJ Step One - Thoughtful Thugz (2013)



There's definitely a theme running through this mix but I'm not exactly sure how to best define it. Its a bit touchy-feely in places but its not Emo. It's what I'd call "concious rap" if that term hadn't already been vilified beyond belief. Anyway, take a listen and hopefully you'll see what I was aiming for. 

DOWNLOAD

 Tracklist
Pete Rock & Ed OG ft Masta Ace 'Wishing'
LL Cool J 'The Truth' (original version)
Cormega 'A Beautiful Mind'
Snoop Dogg ft Dr Dre & D’Angelo 'Imagine'
AZ ft Big Pooh & Phonte 'Rise And Fall'
Black Rob 'Permanent Scars'
Jay Z 'Allure' (remix)
Scarface ft Jay Z & Beanie Sigel 'Guess Who’s Back'
Scarface presents The Product 'Gotta Get Out'
Run DMC ft Nas & Prodigy 'Queens Day'
Jadakiss 'Still Feel Me'
Cam’ron ft Jim Jones & Juelz Santana 'Come Home With Me'
Juelz Santana 'Who Am I'
Clipse 'Virginia'
Kanye West ft Beanie Sigel, Freeway & Young Jeezy 'Cant Tell Me Nothin' (remix)
Game ft Nas 'Why You Hate The Game'
Nas ft Quan 'Just A Moment'

This is pretty much my favourite type of Rap. Give me a soul sample and some introspective/throwback type lyrics and I'm good.

1 comment: